Home » Column (page 10)


Ramesh Prasad Mohapatra; a famous historian and archaeologist


Kailash Chandra Dash  Authour Kailash chandra Dash  offer his tribute  Ramesh Prasad Mohapatra  on his birth anniversary on 1st October 2018 Ramesh Prasad Mohapatra a famous historian and archaeologist who had lasting contribution to the historical researches in the field of archaeology, art history, cultural history, military history of Odisha was born on 1st October 1939.He was born at Bhapur of DHENKANAL ...

Read More »

Kalpana Lajmi was a filmmaker whose signature had a lot of pomp and style


SHOMA A. CHATTERJI | 25 SEPTEMBER, 2018 Film critic Shoma Chatterji pens a tribute to Kalpana Lajmi (1954 – 2018)  I will forever remain grateful to my close friend Hilla Sethna, a film publicist and journalist who established contact between Kalpana Lajmi and me, ages ago. I had introduced myself at the Delhi International Film Festival of India when Lajmi’s first directorial film Ek Pal was ...

Read More »

A leader for the ages – ahead of his times:Tribute to Atal Bihari Vajpayee


In times of turbulence and disruption, a nation is blessed to have a leader who rises to become its moral compass and guiding spirit, providing vision, cohesion and direction to his people. And, in such a moment at the turn of the century, India found one in Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who was gifted in spirit, heart and mind. For those ...

Read More »

Save Urbanites through Better Management of Solid Wastes and Sewage


  Prof.Dr. P. K. Jena   (Former Director General, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, India) The urban India is growing fast mainly due to rapid industrialization and creation of various commercial activities. At the same time, the solid wastes and sewage are also being generated increasingly in these areas and the authorities are paying little importance for their proper ...

Read More »

Odisha admin which prefers to call Jonita Gandhi, Armaan Malik , Sonu & Sukhwinder to their 150 years Jajpur celebrations are they love Odia


  Dear Odisha/Odiya media, – That I am adorning a Kotpad weave in the Nila Saila Video has been missed by you. This Handloom & weave is a dying lot with no patrons from you. Most of you prefer to wear factory made, poly blends. Other ‘modern’ material. – That I have decorated my forehead with the chandan handwork in ...

Read More »

Guru Krushna Goswami: Where the lyre and the lyric meet


Author: V.V.Shukla Poet, lyrict and music composer Guru Krushna Goswami is a flamboyant personality in the field of Oriya literature, film and music. Born in the year 1934 near Baripada to Gokulachandra Goswami and Sraddhabati Goswami, he has over 1600 folk,devotional and modern songs to his credit. He is the celebrated lyricist of over 30 Oriya feature films, from Maa ...

Read More »

Madhubabu opened the Legal Profession to Women Lawyers of India


“This is not just fantastic for women, but for the entire nation.” The above line was quoted by Senior Advocate V. Mohana on swearing in of Miss Indu Malhotra, becoming the first woman lawyer to be elevated to the post of a Judge of Supreme Court of India. Today is 170th Birth Anniversary of Late Madhusudan Das (28 April, 1848 ...

Read More »

Prioritize Skill Development in Rural India


Prof. Dr. P. K. Jena   In India, as per 2001 census, about 72.2% of the total population are living in about 638,000 villages and remaining 27.8% live in about 5,380 cities, towns and urban agglomerations. Most of the country’s landmass belong to rural area and are highly rich in various natural resources like fertile land, water bodies, forests and ...

Read More »

The comedians who ruled odia Cinema


Ashok Palit In the last century the decade of 60s was the decade of comedians and vamps in the Hindi cinema. The vamps were rare in odia cinema, but 60s was the decade of comedians also in the odia cinema. But this trend started changing in both the national and regional cinemas from the mid 70s. The roles of the ...

Read More »

Some of My Memorable Interaction with ‘Biju Babu’


Prof. Dr. P. K. Jena   The 5th Marach is the birthday of a great leader of India, late Shri Biju Patnaik. He was born on 5th March 1916. In 1950 when I was a student of Bachelor of Science with Chemistry Honours at Ravenshaw College (presently Ravenshaw University), Cuttack, I had the opportunity to hear the inspring and informative ...

Read More »