Home » State News » Odisha government has signed an MoU with CGTMSE for implementation of ‘SWAYAM’scheme

Odisha government has signed an MoU with CGTMSE for implementation of ‘SWAYAM’scheme

Bhubaneswar22/2/24:Odisha government has signed an MoU with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE) for implementation of its scheme ‘SWAYAM’ which aims at promoting entrepreneur skills among the youths.

Chief Executive Officer of CGTMSE Sandeep Verma and Prangyasmita Sahu, Director, Institutional Finance, Department of Finance, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in Bhubaneswar on Thursday. Chief Secretary Pradeep Kumar Jena; Development Commissioner; Additional Chief Secretary, H&UD; Principal Secretary, PR&DW and Principal Secretary, Finance were present.

As per the MoU, CGTMSE will provide a guaranteed up to 85% of the loan amount, while the state government will guarantee the rest 15% of the loan amount availed under ‘SWAYAM’ scheme, which was launched to promote entrepreneur skills among the youths and empower them to become ‘Swatantra Yuva Udyami’.

As per the norms on share of guarantee coverage, the government, on behalf of the beneficiaries, will bear the annual guarantee fee charged by the CGTMSE.

The Principal Secretary, PR&DW department, briefed the officials of banks in the state about the new scheme. Besides, they were informed that the government would bear the interest burden accrued from the loan under the scheme.

Under ‘SWAYAM’ scheme, youth in the age group of 18-35 years will be provided interest-free bank loans for project costs of Rs 1 lakh to start a new business or expand their existing business.

The upper age limit for the applicants belonging to SC/ST/PwD/Urban Transgender categories is 40 years. To avail of the loan under the scheme, the borrower will neither have to pay any processing fee nor collateral needed by the bank. The repayment period for the loan will be 4 years including moratorium period varying from 3 to 6 months as per the rules of the bank.

About Editor in chief

Ashok Palit has completed his graduation from Upendranath College Soro, Balasore and post graduation from Utkal University in Odia Language and literture.. He has also carved out a niche for himself as a scribe of eminence after joining the profession in 1988. He is also an independent media production professional. He brings loads of experience to Advanced Media, Ashok Palit as a cineaste has been active in film criticism for over three decades. As a film society activist, he soared to eminence for his profound commitment to the art film appreciation and aesthetics of cinema. His mode of discourse is often erudite but always lucid and comprehensible marked by a perfect acumen so rare in the field. A film aesthete with an immense fond of critical sensibilities, he wrote about growth and development of odia cinema in New Indian Express, The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, The Asian Age and Screen. He has been working as an Editor for Cine Samaya from 2002-2004.. He had made solid contribution on cinema in many odia Dailies and weekly such as Samaj, Prajatantra, Dharatri, Samaya, Satabadi, and weekly Samaya.
x

Check Also

“On June 4, Naveen Patnaik will become the ex-CM of Odisha” : Amit Shah

Bhadrak:28/5/24; Home Minister Amit Shah addressed a public meeting in Chandbali in Bhadrak district and criticized the BJD Govt saying, “On June 4, Naveen Patnaik will become the ex-CM of ...