Bhubaneswar: 25/10/23:99% of mobile phone users have received the test emergency alert messages in Odisha, informed Deputy Director General of Department of Telecommunications BB Pandey.
To alert public in case of natural disasters, an emergency alert messaging trial was conducted in Odisha, he said.
Alert message sent to all mobile numbers of four service providers; 99% of users received the message; remaining 1% cases are being looked into, Pandey said.
The message reads, ‘This is a sample testing message sent through Cell Broadcasting System by Department of Telecommunication, Government of India. Please ignore this message as no action is required from your end. This message has been sent to test Pan-India Emergency Alert System being implemented by National Disaster Management Authority. It aims to enhance public safety and provide timely alerts during emergencies.’