Bhubaneswar18/8/23:: Renowned educationist Prof. Sabita Pradhan has been appointed as the first vice-chancellor of Odia University at Satyabadi in Puri district.
Chancellor and Governor Prof. Ganesh Lal approved her appointment.
Professor Pradhan has been appointed for two years. She is currently working as Professor of Odia Department at Visva Bharati University in Santiniketan of West Bengal.
CURRICULUM VITAE NAME OF THE FACULTY: Prof. Sabita Pradhan
HIGHEST QUALIFICATION: Ph.D.
AREA OF EXPERTISE/ INTEREST: Linguistics & Stylistics, Modern Odia Literature
NUMBER OF SCHOLARS PRODUCED : 14
NUMBER OF SCHOLARS CURRENTLY WORKING: 08
TOTAL NUMBER OF RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED: 132
RECENTLY PUBLISHED RESEARCH PAPERS:
- Rajkishoriya Bhasa Saili, Sateka Parbane Rajkishore Roy ,2014
- Hasyabyanga Silpi Faturananda, Faturananda Parikrama,2015
- Odia Dhenki Bhubaneswar Behera, Saptarsi,2015, ISSN
- Charita Nataka ‘Bharati Kuntala’, Konarka,2016
- Bhramanakari Biswanatha, , Konarka,2017
- Astitwabad: Ramachandriya Jibana Sangrama, Sahitya,2017
- Abruti Silpatatwa, Gouraba,2018,ISSN 2394-3572
- Pralambita Dharara Karana Aneswana: ‘Rebati’; Shibani,2019
CONFERENCE, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS:
Participated and presented research papers in around ninety eighty International, National Seminars and State level seminars.
- Didayi ( Monograph) A.T.D.C., Bhubaneswar ,1989
- Oraon (M.Phil. Dissertation ), A.T.D.C., Bhubaneswar ,1990
- Nirbudhia Singha Katha,( Children Literature), Agraduta, Cuttack,1991
- Upanyasa Ababodha, Agraduta, Cuttack, 2003
- Bhasasaili Ababodha, Agraduta, Cuttack, 2005
- Kuntala Kumari O Anyanya Alochana, Mita Books, Cuttack, 2004
- Srujana Swara, Agraduta, Cuttack, 2019
- Upanyasa Granthasuchi, Agraduta, Cuttack, 1988
- Ramachandra Beheranka Nirbachita Galpa, Agraduta, Cuttack, 2015
- Naribada : Odia Katha Sahitya- Agraduta, Cuttack, 2016
- Tribal Literature And Language(I), CoE, Visva-Bharati, 2015
- Tribal Literature And Language(II), CoE, Visva-Bharati, 2016
- Tribal Literature And Language(III), CoE, Visva-Bharati, 2017
- A Comparative Study of Odia And Santal Folktales, CoE, Visva-Bharati, 2017
- EthnicTapestry, CoE, Visva-Bharati, 2018
- The Tribal Life in Short Story of Post Independent Odia Literature, CoE, Visva-Bharati, 2019
10.Tribal Life Reflected In Odia and Bengali Novels, CoE, Visva-Bharati, 2019
11.Tribal Folk Literature, CoE, Visva-Bharati, 2020
- Brahma Putrara Akha Pakhare, Sahitya Akademi, 2012, ISBN: 978-81-260-
- Sei Sahasineemane, NBT,2015, ISBN 978-81-237-7643-9
- Worked as Language Investigator in Academy of Tribal Dialect and Culture, Bhubaneswar from 1982-1983 with a fellowship
- Awarded a fellowship for doing research on Tribal Language from
Archeological Survey of India, Department of Culture from 1984-1986
- UGC Research Project for ‘A Comparative Study on Bengali-Odia
Onomatopoetic Words’ , 2004-2006
- CoE, Tribal Language and Literature Studies,2014-2019
ADMINISTRATIVE POSTS HELD (ON FULL TIME BASIS):
- Director, Centre of Excellence, Deptt. of Odia, Visva-Bharati, November
- Head, Deptt. of Odia,Visva-Bharati, 07.03.2011 to 07.03.2014
- Chairperson, Centre for Endangered Languages, Visva-Bharati,from 15th
- Head, The Deptt. of Odia, Bhasa Bhabana, Visva-Bharati, from 16th
FOREIGN COUNTRY VISITED FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSE:
- Williamsburg, Virginia, USA from 26th July 1998 to 1st August,1998 to participate in the 14th International Congress of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences.
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA from 10th August,1998 to 16th August,1998
for participation in the 20th World Congress of Philosophy.
- Visited Oxford University for a period of one month in the year 2013.