Newdelhi:12/7Minister for Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Railways Shri Ashwini Vaishnawin the august presence of Shri Devusinh Chauhan, Minister of State for Communications inaugurated the Curtain Raiser of IMC-2023 here today. The curtain raiser was attended by members of Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI), various representatives from telecom industries, start-ups, etc.
The seventh edition of Asia’s premier digital technology exhibition, India Mobile Congress (IMC), co-hosted by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) will be held from 27th – 29th October at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi this year with the theme of ‘Global Digital Innovation’. IMC 2023 event will witness around 100,000 plus participants, 5,000 plus CXO-level delegates, 350 plus speakers, and 400 plus exhibitors.
In furthering the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister of Universal and Affordable connectivity, developing indigenous technology, developing telecom and semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem, taking lead in 6G Technology, today, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister for Railways, Communications, Electronics & Information Technology said:
- Last year IMC was great success, it’s time to make IMC as Premier Tech Event of India
• The India Mobile Congress has emerged as the major technology event in the country. Last year, Hon’ble PM launched 5G and India has emerged as the country with the fastest 5G rollout.
• Many more industries should be associated with IMC including drone technology, power electronics, consumer electronics, AI innovations, deep-tech, satcom, mobile manufacturing, cybersecurity, data centre’s innovation, start-ups etc.
• At least 100 universities should be involved and students may be invited in IMC-2023.
• A section should be for consumer facing cyber security for safety of organisations and public from cyber frauds. Exhibition should be for 5 days.
• Concept of partner countries should be introduced.
• The theme for IMC2023 is Global Digital Innovation and we all should work towards positioning India as a technology developer, telecom manufacturer and its exporter and IMC can play a major role in this vision.
- Concept of Virtual exhibition should be introduced to reflect IMC in other parts of the country.
Addressing the gathering, today, Shri Devusinh Chauhan, Union Minister of State for Communications said that
- Telecom industry in India has transformed a lot over the last few years and IMC has made its mark in the World and Asia as a premier technology event.
• The nation has grown in various aspects on telecom front including Atmanirbhar Bharat, 5G rollout, and roadmap for 6G.
- This year at IMC, the use cases should come that will be useful for agriculture sector, education sector, logistics, transportation, animal husbandry etc to showcase how 5G is transforming the country.
Earlier, COAI Chairman Shri P K Mittal welcomed the gathering on this occasion and assured that this year Asia’s largest telecom event would be a significant milestone for India’s rapidly advancing tech industry.
Shri V L Kantha Rao, Additional Secretary, Department of Telecommunication (DoT), in his special address emphasized that:
- IMC is a flagship event of telecom sector in the country
• In aspirational districts lot of 5G used cases launched.
• To support innovation ecosystem, Hon’ble Ministers facilitated 75 innovators and Govt support will be given to innovations and R&D.
• This year, in IMC lot of international footfalls, involvement of other related industries are expected.
- In the last IMC held in the moth of October, Hon’ble PM launched the 5G revolution, this time in October, country is set for another revolution at IMC 2023.
Since its inception in 2017, IMC has promoted India’s positioning and serves as a key forum for global thought leaders to design the next wave of digital innovation, with India leading the charge. Last year IMC received an overwhelming response from the industry with Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launching 5G in India.
The key programs will put spotlight on 6G, advancements in 5G networks, the increasing use of AI in telecommunications and other Domains, Edge Computing, Industry 4.0, and the emergence of India Stack. IMC 2023 would also widen to related technology Domains such as Broadcast, Sat-Com, Manufacturing, Semiconductors through partnerships with various associations such as Elecina, IESA, ISpA, DFI and others. IMC 2023 also planned to introduce several B2G & B2B Forums and Industry Round Tables, Big University and student engagement, and Global buyer forums.
The India Mobile Congress 2023, will signify the vision of Honourable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, to promote India’s pivotal role in the digital revolution impacting every sector globally. This includes pioneering breakthroughs in 5G, 6G, broadcasting, satellite, semiconductor, drone, devices, and green technologies.
Moreover, this year IMC is introducing Aspire, the grand Start-Up event that will place significant emphasis on igniting the future of entrepreneurship growth among young innovators and industry delegates in the telecom and other digital domains. The primary objective of Aspire will revolve around delivering an unparalleled experience, incorporating various sections such as an Investor zone, pitching zone, workshop zone, and networking zone.