Newdelhi:7/1/23 a special ceremony held today at Bigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, Smt. Droupadi Murmu, Hon’ble President of India has conferred the prestigious “Digitallndia Gold Award” to Excise Department for digital initiatives for ease of doing business through e-Abkari. Sri Sushil Kumar Lohani, lAS, Principal Secretary to Government, P.R. Department & Ex-Principal Secretary to Government, Excise Department, Odisha, Sri Ashish Kumar Singh, IPS, Excise Commissioner, Odisha, Sri Rama Chandra Palata, OAS (SS),Add!. Commissioner of Excise, Sri Saidutta Biplab Keshari Pradhan, OAS (SAG), Add!. Secretary to Govt., Excise Department and Sri Nihar Ranjan Biswal, Senior Technical Director, NIC, Bhubaneswar received the prestigious award for the Excise Department.
It is pertinent to mention that in tune with 5T initiatives of Govt. of Odisha, Excise Department has switched over to the digital work place “eAbkari” with the technical support of NIC since 2019-20 developing and implementing more than 30 online modules like e-Lottery, Instant issue & renewal of Excise Licenses, Brand Label Registrations with 100% online payment, DPR, CCIS,SIR and mobile app development for tracking of raid spots and excise shops etc. as on date bringing transparent, hassles free, real time, seamless and timely service delivery eliminating physical touch points, reducing discretion and providing faceless service at door steps. This has led to proper monitoring and strengthening of enforcement activities, curbing of illicit & spurious liquor, timely service delivery at different levels, proper supply chain management with regulation of production and manufacture and above all, change of public perception and transformation in the Department.
This year record 45541 number of cases have been detected till December against that of 29038 in the last year till December with an increase of 56%. Further, 1310 cases have been detected under NDPSAct this year till December against 575 cases in the last year during the same period with an increase of 127%. Similarly, this year till December 6197.54 Crores have been collected including VAT against that of 5023.92 Crores last year with an increase of 23%.
The Department has done a lot of efforts to implement 5T initiatives of State Government to transform the Department in all aspects including use of technology.
IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENTS OF EXCISE DEPARTMENT
- Detection of record numbers of cases & huge seizures made by quality intelligence inputs and continuous & rigorous enforcement work.
- During 2022-23 up to December, 45541 nos. of Excise!NDPS cases have been detected against 29038 number of cases detected up to December in the last year showing an increase of 56%.
- Detection of record number of 1310 cases under NDPS Act detected till December against 575 in the last year till December showing an increase of 127%.
USE OF TECHNOLOGY:
- At present 40 number of modules have been developed in assistance with NIC to provide the best practices to the Stakeholders like Label Registration (New, Renewal & Modification), Renewal of Shops, Grant of ON Shop License, All NOC with Permit Pass, Management of Spirit in the M & TP, Distillery & Bottling Units, e-Lottery module for IMFL OFF & CL Shops, Supplier! Brand owner registration, Temporary Bar License, Daily Enforcement, Criminal Case Information System, Shifting and Transfer of Shops, Grant of Letter of Intent, e-Abkari Support System, Mahua Flower Storage and Sale License, Mahua Accounting, Serious Irregularity Report, Daily Prevention Raid System etc. as a process of implementing 5T in the Department.
- Successful conduct of Lottery for settlement total 1436 nos. of Excise Shops (1163
IMFL OFF Shops, 222 CL Shops, 11 Premium FL OFF Shops and unsettled 37
OS Shops) in the State with technology support through e-Abkari portal in a transparent manner.
- Ensuring record collection of Excise revenue of RS.7683.9 Crores in the year 2021-
22 including VAT through regular monitoring of lifting position, supply chain management and vigorous enforcement measures in comparison to last year.
- This year 6197.54 Crores has been collected till December against 5023.92 Crores
during the same period of last year with an increase of 23.36% this year. INFRASTRUCTURE:
- 107 numbers of buildings projects have been taken of out of which 43 building have been completed.
- 140 vehicles have been deployed by Excise Directorate in different offices for enforcement works.
- The Excise Directorate was de-linked from the Board of Revenue and functioning as an Independent Directorate.
- Total 791 posts have been created in last 2 years to curbs the excise and narcotics crime and strengthening the department.