Bhubaneswear:11/1/22:The State Election Commissioner Aditya Prasad Padhi on Tuesday announced that the three-tier Panchayat elections in Odisha will be held in five phases starting from February 16, 2022.
As per the detailed schedule announced today, the voting will be held on February 16, 18, 20, 22 and February 24, 2022. The polling will begin at 7 am and continue till 1 pm.
The counting of votes, which will be done at Block sadar level, will be held on February 26, 27 and 28.
Meanwhile, the model of conduct has come into effect in the State from today and it will be in force till February 28, 2022, said Padhi.
All the COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Commission (vide letter No.225 dtd. l0.01.2022) shall be strictly observed during the elections in view of the pandemic, he said.
Odisha will go to the polls for a total of 853 Zilla Parishad seats, 91,916 wards and 6,794 panchayats. Candidates will be able to contest the elections with party symbols
– Centralised counting of votes to be conducted at Block sadar level
– Details of candidates to be uploaded on the respective district websites
– Voting is to begin at 7 AM and continue till 1 PM
– Action to be taken against candidates submitting fake affidavits
– Fully vaccinated people are only allowed into the counting centers
– No rallies or gatherings allowed; candidates can campaign (door-to-door) with a
maximum five persons or via digital/virtual mode
– Pregnant women, Covid symptomatic persons not to be engaged in poll duty
– COVID-positives can submit nominations through their proposer
Complete Schedule of the Rural Polls
1. Issue of notice by Election Officer calling for names of the candidates for Samiti Member: January 13
2. Issue of nomination Forms and presentation of nominations: January 17 to 21
3. Scrutiny of nomination: January 22
4. Withdrawal of candidature: Up to January 25 (3 PM)
5. Publication of results, elected Chairman: March 13
6. Date of election of ViceChairman, declaration and publication of results: March 23