Cuttack:9/10/21:Instituted by Odisha’s No.1 news channel, OTV, the annual Odisha Citizen Award 2021 (OCA-2021) was conferred to nine personalities in recognition of their contribution to the society in their respective fields, from Agriculture, Art and Culture, Industry, Education, Entertainment, Social Service, Sports to Health Services and Politics.
The awards were given away at a special function held in Cuttack which was attended by Bhubaneswar MP Aparajita Sarangi as the chief guest. BJP leader Pradeep Purohit, Congress leaders Pradeep Majhi and Tara Bahini Pati were also present on the occasion.
Basing on a joint value of jury marks and public votes, the OCA-2021 nominees were selected, and were presented the honours today.
Here is the list of the winners:
1) Politics : Saptagiri Ulaka ( Congress)
2) Education: Kishore Kumar Basa : VC North Odisha University
3) Social Service: Subash Chandra Gajendra
4) Sports : Deep Grace Ekka
5) Entertainment: Subas Dash (Singer)
6) Agriculture: Jayanti Mohapatra
7) Art & Culture: Surendra Meher
8) Business: Deben Ray (Spice Up)
09) Health: Dr. Mahendra Tripathy (Cardiologist)
Shortlisted nominees for the Odisha Citizens Award 2021 were earlier marked by the jury as per their merit for the online voting round. At least four nominees were short listed for each of the nine different categories who then entered the online voting round.