Home » Smartcity Bhubaneswar » Bhubaneswar city added 369 new COVID-19 positive cases its tally now stands at 21,895

Bhubaneswar city added 369 new COVID-19 positive cases its tally now stands at 21,895

Bhubaneswar:30/9/20: Bhubaneswar city added 369 new COVID-19 positive cases to its tally in the last 24 hours. With fresh cases, the total number of COVID cases now stands at 21,895 in the State capital.

The local contact cases continue to surge in the city as compared to quarantine cases. Today, nearly 80% of cases reported in the capital city are local contacts.

Of 369 new cases, 294 (approximately 79.67%) are local contacts and remaining 75 cases (about 20.32%) have been reported from different quarantine centers, informed Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) today.

Out of new local contact cases, the highest of 23 cases has been reported from Saileshree Vihar area followed by Saheed Nagar (13). Chandrasekhar and Rasulgarh registered 24 new positive cases (12 each) today.

Following the fresh cases, the number of active cases increased to 3537 in Bhubaneswar city.

Meanwhile, 356 more COVID-19 patients have recovered from the disease in Bhubaneswar today taking the total recovery tally to 18,248.

The death toll in the city is inching towards 100-mark as the deadly virus has claimed 93 lives so far.

Here’re details of 369 new positive cases reported from different places in Bhubaneswar city:

About Editor in chief

Ashok Palit has completed his graduation from Upendranath College Soro, Balasore and post graduation from Utkal University in Odia Language and literture.. He has also carved out a niche for himself as a scribe of eminence after joining the profession in 1988. He is also an independent media production professional. He brings loads of experience to Advanced Media, Ashok Palit as a cineaste has been active in film criticism for over three decades. As a film society activist, he soared to eminence for his profound commitment to the art film appreciation and aesthetics of cinema. His mode of discourse is often erudite but always lucid and comprehensible marked by a perfect acumen so rare in the field. A film aesthete with an immense fond of critical sensibilities, he wrote about growth and development of odia cinema in New Indian Express, The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, The Asian Age and Screen. He has been working as an Editor for Cine Samaya from 2002-2004.. He had made solid contribution on cinema in many odia Dailies and weekly such as Samaj, Prajatantra, Dharatri, Samaya, Satabadi, and weekly Samaya.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

x

Check Also

Odia short film ‘The Healing Touch’ released.

Bhubaneswar:17/9/21:The 7-minute  short film Healing Touch’produced by  Social Image Production, Bhubaneswar was released today in a press met. Rajyasabha MP and actor Muna khan grace the event as chief Guest ...