Cuttack:20/9/20: Bira Kishore Mohapatra an eminent theatre personality was passed away on the 19th of September,2020 in his Cuttack residence. Mohapatra has produced MAA PARI KIEA HEBA .based on the story of Ram Chandra Behera and directed by Late Sisir Mohan Pati. Bira Kishore Mohapatra was born on January 1st,1932. Mohapatra’s from his days of busy official engagements before retirement from service as an officer under the Government of Odisha has remained devoted to Dramatic-activities and after retirement from Govt. Service, he turned himself into a full-time devotee to Cultural activities. Shri Mohapatra, on his own merit, was a Play writer, TV and Radio Artiste (Drama), a Producer and Director, and an able Organizer/ Promoter of Cultural activities in Cuttackcity, his Home-Town. Here we give details about his work
- Experience in Cultural activities:-
- PLAYWRITING: Full-length Plays written by him in Odia and based on Themes of
Social relevance was presented / Stage, TV, and the A.I.R.
- Full-length Play presented on Stage: “ANADIRA SANSAR”, based on the Consolidation of Land Holdings has been staged in many parts of the State which popularized the Consolidation Programme and was broadly acclaimed.
(ii) “SATYAM SIVAM SUNDARAM”, a Stage show, based on the 20-Point Programme of the State Govt. was exhibited at Rabindra Mandap for the Legislatures of the State ( MLA-Show).
(iii) The National Channel of Door-Darshan has also telecasted “CHAKABANDI ASICHHI” written and acted by Sri Bira Kishore Mohapatra with some selected Artistes, has growing demand to produce & telecast the other episodes of the Serial.
(iv) Department of Forest &Environment, Govt. of Odisha has forwarded One script “CHETTANA” written by Sri Mohapatra, on Environment & Pollution Control to Doordarshan for production and telecasting.
(v) The Dy. Commissioner, Transport has recommended the Script “RAMU DADA” written by Sri Mohapatra basing on the theme “Discipline in Driving Motor Vehicles by the professional Drivers” to Doordarshan, Bhubaneswar for Production.
(vi) Scripts & Full-length Plays written by Sri Mohapatra broadcasted by All India, Cuttack:
- JAI JAWAN – JAI KISHAN (ଜୟ ଜୱାନ ଜୟ କିଷାନ)
- PANCHAM CHANDRA (ପଞ୍ଚମ ଚନ୍ଦ୍ର)
- KAMPA JARA (କମ୍ପ ଜର)
- RAGINI (ରାଗିଣୀ)
- PATALI PUTRA ( GITINATYA) (ପାଟଳୀ ପୁତ୍ର)
- NAIRASYA (ନୈରାଶ୍ୟ)
- PANCHU RU PANCHANANA (ପଞ୍ଚୁ ରୁ ପଞ୍ଚାନନ)
- KACHERI CHHAK (କଚେରୀ ଛକ)
(iii) Play captioned as “CHAKABANDI ASICHI” & Tele Film “PALI” were also telecasted by Doordarshan, Bhubaneswar.
“ANDAIRA SANSAR”, a Stage Play.
“SATYAM SIVAM SUNDARAM”, a Stage Play. & Many other Operas and Dance-Dramas.
(C ) ACTING : (i) He has acted in main roles for many Historical, Mythological, and Social Plays staged at different parts of the State such as:
– KARNARJUN (କର୍ଣ୍ଣାର୍ଜୁନ)
- CHANDRA GUPTA (ଚନ୍ଦ୍ରଗୁପ୍ତ)
- KALAPAHAD (କଲାପାହାଡ)
- SHAHJEHAN (ସାହାଜାହାନ)
- PALATAK (ପଳାତକ)
- ABHISAPTA GHUNGURA (ଅଭିଶପ୍ତ ଘୁଙ୍ଗୁର)
- PINGALA SAHITA GOTIE RATI (ପିଙ୍ଗଳା ସହିତ ଗୋଟିଏ ରାତି)
- BHANGA KANKAN LOBHI (ଭଙ୍ଗା କଙ୍କଣ ଲୋଭୀ)
- PATHIKARA KAHANI (ପଥିକର କାହାଣୀ)
(Entries in the Drama Festival organized by “Odisha Sangita Natak Academy).
(ii) He was a recognized & registered Artiste of the AIR, Cuttack & Doordarshan, (while at Cuttack), and also involved in different Cultural activities to date.
(iii) He also had acted in some Feature Films and Tele-Films produced under some established Banners.
- ORGANISING ABILITY: He was a good organizer in all respect having sound knowledge in
making of Films, conducting Stage-Plays and other Shows, etc. Sri Bira Kishore Mohapatra also acted as:
- President, Bapujee Club, a Cultural Institution at Tulasipur, Cuttack
(ii) Vice- President, Nupur Sanskrutika Sansad, a Dance, and Music Centre at Tulasipur, Cuttack.
(iv) Treasurer, Odisha Doordarshan, and Akashavani Samayik Natya Kalakar
(iv) He is a Life Member of Utkal Sahitya Samaja.