Bhubaneswar:4/9/20: The Covid-19 death toll in Odisha rose to 531 with nine more deaths while the cumulative caseload surged to 116678 with the detection of 3267 new cases in the last 24 hours.
“Regret to inform the demise of Nine Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” tweeted State Health and Family Welfare Department.
Bolangir, Cuttack, Ganjam and Khordha (one in Bhubaneswar) districts reported two deaths each while one casualty was reported from Rayagada district.
Of the fresh cases reported from across 30 districts, 1961 were detected from various quarantine centres while 1306 are local contact cases.
According to the data shared by I & PR department, Khordha reported the highest 859 new novel coronavirus cases followed by Cuttack (384), Puri (235), Rayagada (169), Bhadrak (138) Mayurbhanj (134), Sundergarh (127), Bargarh (120) and Keonjhar (107).
The Health and Family Welfare Department shared the details of nine Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while undergoing treatment in hospitals.
- An 18 year-old-male of Bolangir district who was also suffering from Sickle Cell disorder.
- A 75 year-old-female of Bolangir who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 90 year-old-male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 50 year-old-male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Tuberculosis.
- A 67 year-old-female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 70 year-old-male of Ganjam district.
- 50 year-old-male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 67 year-old-male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 52 year-old-female of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes.