Bhubaneswar:3/9/20: As many as 3631 more persons in Odisha tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours taking the state’s tally to 1,13,411 informed the Government.
Of the total fresh cases detected from 30 districts, 2214 have been reported from different quarantine centers while the remaining 1417 are local contacts. Contact tracing and followup actions are underway, said Information and Public Relations (I & PR ) Department.
According to the data shared by I & PR department, Khordha reported the highest 722 new novel coronavirus cases followed by Cuttack (370), Mayurbhanj (365), Bargarh (238), Bhadrak (186), Puri (157), Jajpur (127), Balasore (114), Rayagada (111), Ganjam (107) and Nayagarh (100).
With the new cases, the number of active cases in the state rose to 28,763. However, 84,073 patients have recovered in the state so far. It is pertinent to mention here that a total of 59,492 numbers of samples were tested in the state in the last 24 hours. So far 19,50,591 tests have been conducted in the state.
The death toll due to Covid-19 in Odisha reached 522 on Thursday . While Ganjam reported three deaths, two casualties were reported from Cuttack and one each from Balasore, Kandhamal, and Khordha districts.
The Health and Family Welfare Department shared the details of eight Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 60-year-old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension, Chronic Kidney Disease (stage-V), Ischemic Heart Disease.
- A 72-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 66-year-old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 67-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Bronchial Asthma.
- A 78-year-old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 56-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 45-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- A 50-year-old female of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes.