Bhubaneswar:31/8/20: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday announced to provide immediate assistance of 50 KG rice and Rs 500 to each family in the severely flood-hit districts of the State.
The announcement was made after the Chief Minister conducted an aerial survey of flood-affected areas in the State today.“Undertook an aerial survey of flood-affected areas. #OdishaFlood has waterlogged many districts, marooned many villages, agricultural crops, damaged houses, disrupted roads, and other infrastructure. Expeditious steps are being taken to restore normal life in flood-affected areas,” Patnaik tweeted.
After the aerial survey, Patnaik reviewed the relief and restoration work at a high-level meeting. Several areas in the districts of Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Cuttack, Puri, and Cuttack have been adversely-hit by the floods.
The Chief Minister also appealed people in flood-hit areas to follow COVID-19 guidelines and social distancing norms. As per the preliminary assessment, 110 blocks, 3990 villages and 21 municipalities in 20 districts of the State were affected by the recent floods.
Here are the key announcements made by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik–
Cooked food will be provided to people as long as they will stay in various shelter homes.
– 50 Kg rice and Rs.500 will be provided to all families in the villages which have been severely affected/inundated/marooned in the current flood.
– One polythene sheet to each deserving household whose house has been damaged.
– House Damage Assistance will be paid as per SDRF norms.
-Collectors to take steps for assessment of house damage within 15 days and disburse the assistance in the next 7 days.
– Assistance for clothing and utensils as per SDRF Norms.
– Cattle feed assistance to dairy farmers as per SDRF Norms.
– Exemption of User Fees for vaccination and treatment of livestock and others animals in flood-affected areas.
– Free animal check-up camps in affected areas. For all other affected districts, assistance shall be distributed as per SDRF norms.