Bhubaneswar:22/7/20: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has announced a slew of measures for tackling COVID-19 in Sundargarh and Jajpur districts.
In a video conference on Wednesday, Patnaik announced a Plasma bank at IGH, Rs 15 Cr for strengthening COVID Hospital and COVID Care Centres and expansion of COVID Care Centre in Rourkela from 700-bed to 1700.
The CM added that in Rourkela, the focus will be on surveillance, door-to-door survey, testing and containment zones. Special attention will be given on slum areas and congested localities, he added.
The CM said Rs 13.5 Cr will be spent from DMF to enhance COVID Care system and 250 beds will be added in COVID Care Centre in Jajpur district. There will be partnerships with Corporate and Industries to set up CCHs & CCCs, he added. The Chief Minister also said that Rs 5 Cr has been sanctioned from CMRF to fight the pandemic.
Patnaik thanked Rourkela Steel Plant, NTPC, MCL and OCL to extend helping hands for the management of COVID Care homes and centres in these districts and added that although over 26000 migrant workers have arrived in Jajpur, the situation there is under control.
Minister Samir Das, who is also the chairman of the planning committee of Jajpur district, dwelt upon the effective management of coronavirus. District Collectors of Sundargarh, Jajpur and Rourkela Municipal Commissioner have informed that the situation in their region is improving by the day.
The video conferencing was attended by Minister Naba Das, chief secretary, chief advisor of CMO, Development Commissioner, additional chief secretary, special relief commissioner and other senior officials.
Here are the key points:
Healthcare Measures For Sundargarh
- Plasma bank to start in IGH, Rourkela
- Rs 15 Cr to be spent for strengthening Dedicated COVID Hospital & COVID Care Centres
- COVID Care Centre in Rourkela to be expanded from 700-bed to1700
- Rs 25 Cr sanctioned from CMRF
- In Rourkela, focus on surveillance, door-to-door survey, testing & containment zones
- Special attention on slum areas & congested localities
Healthcare Measures For Jajpur
- Rs 13.5 crores to be spent from DMF to enhance COVID Care system
- 250 beds to be added in COVID Care Centre in Jajpur
- Partnerships with Corporates & industries to set up COVID Care Homes and COVID Care Centres
- Rs 5 crores sanctioned from CMRF for Jajpur district