Bhubaneswar: 13/7/20: Odisha Chief Secretary Asit Tripathy today held a press brief on ongoing coronavirus situation and informed that the state govt has allowed home isolation of asymptomatic, mildly symptomatic COVID-19 patients.
Here is the guidelines for home isolation of COVID-19 positive cases:
- All COVID-19 positive cases, who are asymptomatic/ have mild symptoms and have no co-morbidities, in Urban areas including Urban Local Bodies Area, District, Sub-division and Block Headquarter Towns shall be allowed home isolation, subject to an assessment of the availability of individual room & toilet in the home of the person and following all protocols for home isolation laid out by Department of H&FW, Govt. of Odisha. The Ward Nodal Officer/ GP Nodal Officer shall be responsible for the assessment.
- Such person who is allowed home isolation shall undertake to abide by all guidelines of the H&FW Dept as issued from time to time and shall mandatorily report about his condition to the appropriate authorities on a daily basis.
- For such person, the household shall nominate a Care Giver who shall
agree to undertake an online/ web-based training module on COVID-19 management protocols, Safety of the self, household, and the patient besides Dos and Don’ts.
- H&FW Department shall develop a simple training module for the COVID +ve person and Caregivers in both Odia and English. Further, the Department shall develop a brochure/ leaflet on the subject which will be given to the Person and his/ her caregiver to follow.
- District Authorities shall affix a poster in front of his/ her house stating
that the house is under Home Isolation.
- In case the person develops any symptom requiring medical support/
guidance, he/ she shall not directly go to any Hospital – Public or Private but shall contact 104 Helpline and follow their advice.
- State Government’s Outbound Call Centre shall monitor all such cases from time to time. In case the person doesn’t respond to such calls or his/ her mobile is found to be switched off, Local Administration shall be alerted by the Call Centre and the Local Administration shall physically check such person.
- In case of violations of guidelines or instructions of authorities, the
permission for home isolation shall be withdrawn and the person shall be then sent to a Government-run facility.
- The COVID-19 isolation facilities, namely COVID Care Centres (CCC)
COVID Health Centres (CHC) created by State Government will be primarily used for housing those COVID-19 suspect/ positive cases who do not have required infrastructure for home isolation