Bhubaneswar: 7/6/20: The Odisha Cabinet, headed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, on Sunday approved a proposal to accord state anthem status to ‘Bande Utkala Janani’.
Here are the modalities for enforcement of ‘Bande Utkala Janani’ as state song:
- The entire text of the patriotic song ‘Bande Utkal Janani’ written by Kantakabi Laxmikanta Mohapatra has been accorded the State song status.
- The song’s tune, version and style will be decided and recorded by the State’s Information and Public Relations (I&PR) department.
- The song’s duration will also be decided and the recording will be done accordingly.
- The state song will be played/sung at various government functions, Assembly sessions, and other independent government functions.
- The song will be played/sung in school and college functions.
- Bande Utkal Janani will be played/sung at the opening, closing, or felicitation programs. Whenever the Anthem is sung or played, the audience shall stand to attention. (However elderly persons, ill, differently-abled, and pregnant women are excepted)
- The Bande Utkal Janani can also be played on Police band, flute, on sitar and other kinds of musical instruments.
- There will not be any restriction in the promotion of ‘Bande Utkal Janani’.
- The School and Mass Education Department has been advised to make sure that the song is included in the curriculum in schools and colleges.