Bhubaneswar28/5/20:: With 67 new novel-Coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, the State’s total SARS-nCoV infection tally has now risen to 1660.
The fresh cases mean that active COVID-19 cases in Odisha now stand at 841 while the total number of recoveries remains at 812. Seven persons have succumbed to the disease so far.
In the last 24 hours, Ganjam reported 26 COVID-19 cases, the maximum in the State during the period while Jajpur and Khurda saw 11 cases each, Nayagarh reported 7 cases and 4 cases belonged to Sonepur which were reported last night. Similarly, Bolangir has reported 2 cases, Jagatsinghpur 2, Sambalpur 2, Keonjhar and Bargarh reported one each case, out of the 67 new COVID-19 cases in Odisha, 65 have been reported from quarantine centres while the rest 2 are local cases. Meanwhile, the State I&PR Department also shared the details of the fresh cases.
- 26 cases in Ganjam (25 in quarantine centres. 16 Surat, 6 Maharashtra, 3 TN returnees & 1 local contact case)
- 11 cases in Khurda (10 in quarantine centres. 5 Maharashtra, 3 Gujarat, 2 WB returnees & 1 local contact case)
- 11 cases in Jajpur (All in quarantine centres. 8 WB, 2 Gujarat & 1 AP returnees)
- 7 cases in Nayagarh (All in quarantine centres. Gujarat returnees)
- 4 cases in Sonepur (All in quarantine centres. 2 TN & 2 Maharashtra returnees)
- 2 cases in Bolangir (All in quarantine centres. Maharashtra returnees)
- 2 cases in Sambalpur (All in quarantine centres. 1 UP & 1 AP returnees)
- 2 cases in Jagatsinghpur (All in quarantine centres. WB returnees)
- 1 case in Bargarh (In quarantine centre. Maharashtra returnee)
- 1 case in Keonjhar (In quarantine centre. UP returnee)
A total of 3,037 RT-PCR tests in the last 24 hours in Odisha taking the State’s cumulative to 139311