Bhubaneswar: 26/5/20: Odisha reported 79 new COVID-19 positive cases today. With this, total number of cases in the state mounted to 1517, the Government informed today.
The fresh cases are from Ganjam (5), Jajpur (2), Balasore (4), Khordha (4), Puri (4), Cuttack (16), Kendrapara (6), Nayagarh (3), Balangir (14), Angul (1), Keonjhar (8), Kandhamal (7), Dhenkanal (3), Jharsuguda (1) and Sonepur (1).
Of the 79 new cases, 71 have been reported from various quarantine centers across the state. Total of 3819 samples was tested in last 24 hours. So far, 1,31,595 tested have been conducted so far.
With this, the total number of active cases on the state rose to 861. While 649 patients have recovered, seven persons succumbed to the virus so far. The virus has spread to 28 out of the 30 districts in the state so far.
Yesterday, the state reported 103 positive cases, highest single-day spike so far, with Deogarh registering the maximum 22 fresh cases.
- 06 cases in Kendrapada (All in quarantine centres. 3 Surat, 2 WB, 1 TN returnees)
- 01 case in Jharsuguda (In quarantine centre. Maharashtra returnee)
- 02 case in Jajpur (All in quarantine centre. WB returnees)
- 04 cases in Puri (All in quarantine centres. 3 TN & 1 Telengana returnees)
- 01 case in Sonepur (In quarantine centre. Gujarat returnee)
- 07 cases in Kandhamal (6 in quarantine centres. 6 TN returnees & 1 local contact case)
- 01 case in Angul (In quarantine centre. TN returnee)
- 08 cases in Keonjhar (6 in quarantine centres. 2 Gujarat, 1 TN, 1 Maharashtra & 2 Bihar returnees. 2 local contact cases)
- 04 cases in Balasore (1 in quarantine centre, Telangana returnee. 3 local contact cases)