Bhubaneswar:16/5/20: The number of total COVID-19 positive cases in Odisha surged to 737 after 65 more persons tested positive for the deadly virus, informed the Health and Family Welfare Department today. The fresh cases are from Jajpur (31), Ganjam (13), Cuttack (6), Kendrapada (4), Puri (4), Khordha (3), Mayurbhanj (2)and Nayagarh (2). Of the the fresh cases, 62 were lodged in different quarantine centres while the remaining three patients were under home quarantine.
With this, the number of active cases in the state surged to 568 while the number of recovered patients now stands at 166. So far, three persons have died due to respiratory disease in the state.
Worth mentioning Ganjam district has reported the highest number of positive cases at 277. With scores of migrant workers returning to the Odisha mostly from Surat, the number of cases in the state, mainly in Ganjam district has registered a quantum jump in the last couple of days.
After 65 more new COVID-19 positive cases were detected in the State, Odisha I&PR department has released the initial report regarding their details.
Out of the 65 new cases Jajpur reported 31, Ganjam 13, Cuttack 6, Kendrapara 4, Puri 4, Khurda 3, Mayurbhanj 2 & Nayagarh 2 cases.
- Kendrapara 4, Mayurbhanj 2, Nayagrah 2- All in quarantine centres,Surat returnees
- Ganjam 13- 12 in quarantine centres, Surat returnees. 1 in-home quarantine
- Jajpur 31- All in quarantine centres,30 WB returnees& 1 Jharkhand returnee
- Cuttack reports 6 new cases (all in quarantine centres, Ahmedabad returnees)
- Puri 4 (all in quarantine centres, WB returnees)
- Khurda 3 (all in quarantine centres, 1 WB, 1 Surat & 1 in-home quarantine)
The total cumulative test stands at 86140 including 4221 RT-PCR tests in the last 24 hours.