Mumbai:10/4/20: In the wake of the Novel Coronavirus outbreak, the world is witnessing a rise in panic, fear, and anxiety. Inspired by its founder PujyaGurudevshriRakeshbhai, Shrimad RajchandraMission Dharampur has thus launched impactful initiatives to provide relief and support to all those affected by this situation and battling with the virus head-on. Owing to its Mission Statement “Realise one’s True Self and Serve Others Selflessly”, over 500 volunteers and sanyasis of Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur are selflessly working to protect and provide essential resources to frontliners, healthcare professionals, daily wagers and stray animals across the globe. These relief initiatives are being carried out across Mumbai, Pune, Vadodara, Surat, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bangalore United Kingdom to name a few.
These initiatives are aimed at providing relief and care to:
- Front liners: Nutritious food packets are being prepared and distributed along with masks and sanitizers to doctors, nurses, policemen, waste management staff and government officials each day.
- Daily Wagers: Grain kits including oil, spices, and foodgrains sufficient for a month, are being delivered to nourish daily wagers’ families. Volunteers have been hygienically preparing khichdi and buttermilk in Shrimad Rajchandra AshramDharampur, and distributing vegetables, food packets and grain kits to thousands. A special helpline has been introduced for convenience and informational purposes. Thus, approximately 15,00,000 meals will be distributed to impoverished families over the duration of a month.
- Healthcare Institutions: Ensuring that the shortage of equipment does not come in the way of saving lives; ventilators, beds, temperature guns, etc. along with protective equipment such as N95 masks, bio suits, sterilizers, and disposables are being distributed to medical staff and patients in numerous hospitals.
In fact, doctors of Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital are providing intubation and ventilation training to doctors and nurses in government hospitals. Awareness drives are being conducted around remote villages to educate them about the symptoms and precautionary measures of coronavirus.
- Stray Animals: The Shrimad RajchandraMobile Veterinarian service has been treating as well as feeding over a thousand stray animals, who have been starving due to the lockdown.
- Moreover, PujyaGurudevshriRakeshbhai has also inspired online initiatives on YouTube such as daily discourses, Universal Meditation tracks for peace and Yoga videos to help promote positivity and cope with anxiety amidst this crisis.
Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur has assured the Government that if required, medical equipment and support will be provided even after the lockdown ends. In these trying times, Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur is truly striving to provide safety and sufficiency to as many lives as possible!