Bhubaneswar:19/3/20: As part of preventive measures against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Odisha Government has outlined a range of precautionary steps to ensure the health and safety of its employees to combat the pandemic.
The General Administration & Public Grievance Department in a notification has issued following precautionary measures to the employees:
- The employees can leave office immediately if they feel unwell.
- All employees should look out for symptoms of novel coronavirus and if feeling unwell should leave the workplace immediately after informing the superior officer. They should, thereafter avail leave for home quarantine for a period of 14 days.
- Any leave necessary for quarantine in excess of this period will be treated as ordinary leave or may be considered as per provisions under Rule 5, Appendix 6 of Odisha Service Code.
- The employees whose family member has returned from overseas on or after March 4, 2020, have been asked to avail leave for self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.
- On return from leave, the concerned employee before joining the duty will have to produce medical certificate of fitness from the competent Medical Officer.