Bhubaneswar: 19/3/20: In a bid to contain spreading of the novel COVID-19 disease, the ODisha government has issued new guidelines for work schedule and modified the timings for govt and private offices.
As per the notice of the Genral Administration and public Grievance Department, social distancing has been found to be effective in containing spread of COVID-19 disease in different parts of the country as observed. With a view to protecting the multitude of society working in different Government establishments including State Secretariat, Directorates, District Level Offices and Sub-district Level Offices as well as in private establishments including shops, workshops and factories, the following guidelines may be considered for imposition to break the chain of contact to prevent further spread of the disease.
The New Guidelines:
1) All Group-C and Group-D employees except persons identified by the Head of the Office in the State Secretariat and Directorates may be allowed to confine at home during 20.03.2020 to 31.03.2020.
Group A & B Officers will be required to attend the office. Heads of the Government Departments may give effect to roster / rotation of staff considering the requirement of smooth management of Government work. The employees who are allowed to stay at home during this period must confine themselves to home and not move around. The employees allowed to stay at home will not participate in any congregations / gatherings restricted by Administration during this period. In case of any violation by an employee during this period, the entire period will be treated as ‘leave without pay’.
2) VPN facility may be extended to key officials in Secretariat and Directorates to allow them to work from home in OSWAS if required in future.
3) Directors, Collectors, SPs, Heads of District Level Offices as well as field offices are authorized to decide on the number of employees who are required to come to the office during this period considering the workload and deliverables. They may decide on roster / rotation etc. in deciding the above.
4) The personnel working in office during this period may be provided with hand sanitizers and soaps.
5) The cleaning staff /personnel must be provided with adequate quantity of sanitizing materials for maintaining optimum sanitation level in the offices.
6) The Agencies like Police, Fire, Jail, Health etc. are essential services. They will take all precautionary measures for self-protection in their services. They are not covered under the above stipulation. Adequate number of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be kept in readiness to allow the personnel of these establishments to be pressed into service for evacuation and attending to the patients of the COVID-19.
7) Private establishments may be advised to allow their employees to work from home as far as possible and feasible. If working in office/shop floors/commercial establishments is essentially required, such work may be managed with minimum number of employees during this period.