Bhubaneswar:8/3/20: “Not a single positive case of Coronavirus has been detected in Odisha till date,” said Principal Secretary, Health & Family Welfare, Nikunja Bihari Dhal at a press meet here today.
He also informed that so far 131 persons from different points of entry have been put under active surveillance by State IDSP. Out of which, till date 10 persons have been admitted in the hospital (SCBMCH, Cuttack- 6, VIMSAR, Burla-2 & Capital Hospital, BBSR-2) and all tested to be negative.
During the presser, the preparedness and steps taken by the State government were also outlined, which are mentioned below:
- Control Room functional 24X7 having No. 0674-2390466 / 9439994857 / 9439994859
- Isolation wards with ventilator support at major MCHs and Capital Hospital
- Screening of all passengers at Airports & Ports
- Testing facility already started at RMRC, Bhubaneswar
- Trained State, as well as District Rapid Response Teams (RRT), are in position for case detection and contact tracing.
- Workplace advisory has been issued to all departments/corporates and other institutes.
- School advisory has been issued to all schools
- Do’s & don’ts with other IEC material is being circulated both in Odia & English language in all the leading dailies as well as is being aired in electronic media.
- The District Collectors have been nominated as Head of the district for monitoring and supervision activities of COVID-19
- Places have been identified in Jatni, Cuttack, Burla & Berhampur for mass quarantine if required
- Apart from Health & Family Welfare Principal Secretary Nikunja Bihari Dhal, AIIMS Director Dr Geetanjali Batmanabane, I&PR Director Krupasindhu Mishra, DMET Prof C.B.K. Mohanty, Director Public Health Ajit Kumar Mohanty, and other senior officers of Health & Family Welfare Department were present.