Bhubaneswar7/2/20:: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today suggested the Vice-Chancellors (VCs) of all State public universities to make an effort to achieve higher NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) rating and NIRF (The National Institutional Ranking Framework) ranking in the coming cycle of assessment.
The Odisha CM was addressing a meeting of VCs of all State Public Universities at the State Convention Centre of Lok Seva Bhawan here today.
Speaking on the occasion, Patnaik said: “As Vice-Chancellors, you are the leaders of your universities. You have to make a continuous endeavour for elevating your institutions to higher levels of academic excellence.
For enhancing the reputation of State Public Universities, the Chief Minister suggested the Vice-Chancellors to focus on the following significant aspects:
- Transparency in the recruitment of teachers.
- Teachers must be encouraged for research and publication.
- Discipline must be maintained at any cost. The interference of outsiders must not be tolerated. University campuses must be kept free from non-students and unauthorised persons.
- The University examinations along with the publication of results must be done in time. No delay shall be tolerated from next academic year.
- Ensure quality education in the affiliated colleges. The Vice-Chancellors, Senior Officers, and faculty members must undertake surprise visits to affiliated colleges from time to time.The Chief Minister further urged the VCs to make efforts to achieve higher NAAC rating and NIRF ranking in the coming cycle of assessment and ranking. He said: “I expect all of you to spend more of your time inside the University campus interacting with the students.
Naveen also assured the VCs that there will be no constraints of funds and the State Government will support the Universities in all possible ways.