New Delhi: 6/2/20:Rail Budget 2020-21 allocated Rs 4373 cr for rail infra development in Odisha against last year’s total outlay of Rs 4593 cr.
The Union Budget approved a total outlay of Rs 5,865 crore for East Coast Railway (ECoR)
Rail Budget Highlights 2020 For East Coast Railway/Odisha
- Total outlay for East Coast Railway is = Rs 5865.00 Crores (provisional)
- Total outlay for projects in Odisha is = Rs 4373.00 Crores (provisional)
- Total outlay for projects in Odisha last year = Rs 4593.00 Crores. Last year, NTPC invested in Railway project connecting Jharsuguda-Barapali Coal corridor worth Rs 1400 Crores and total project funds for Odisha was Rs 5993 Crores. This amount of Rs 1400 Crores is not included this year as the project got commissioned last year. There is no investment from NTPC in this or other such project this year as the work is completed.
- New work sanctioned in current Budget is Sambalpur-Gopalpur New line via Phulbani (With length 241 KMs). It has been sanctioned at a cost of Rs 2957 Crores subject to final approval of Niti Ayog.
- All major projects have got a significant increase in the allotment. The allotment has been made on the basis of the need of each project and requirement at site. So there has been an enhancement in case of all projects. Each project has been reviewed and the amount allotted accordingly.
- Khurda Road-Balangir line has been given Rs 520 crores against Rs 350 cr last year. Hon’ble Prime Minister has stressed upon early completion of this important project. Angul-Sukinda project has got Rs Rs 450 Crores against Rs Rs 250 Crores last year. The Haridaspur-Paradeep project will be commissioned this year by March. Only 100 Crores have been allotted as the project is nearing completion. This project was allotted Rupees 400 Crores last year.
- There is significant increase in allotment towards doubling projects especially, Sambalpur-Talcher, Sambalpur-Titilagarh, Titilagarh-Rayagada and Titilagarh-Raipur.
- Electrification of Khurda Road-Balangir line and Lanjigarh Road-Junagarh Road line has been given priority.
- Wagon Repair Workshop at Maneswar near Sambalpur has been given a substantial amount of Rupees Rs 20 Crores.
- To enhance Safety, elimination of Level Crossings by constructing Road Over Bridge (ROBs) and Road Under Bridges (RUBs) have been given top priority and works costing Rupees 1165 Crores have been sanctioned.
Here are the important railway projects in Odisha and fund allocated in the Rail Budget 2020-21: