Bhubaneswar:238/8/19: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today announced a package of Rs 500 crore for infrastructure development of Pilgrim Town Puri.
Attending a meting at Lok Seva Bhavan here, CM Naveen announced package to build Puri as a world heritage city. The projects include a bridge to connect Malatipatapur with Jagannath Ballav mutt; infrastructure development of the mutt; a multi-lane road; beatification and illumination of historic Atharnala and development of a lake on 28 acres land.
Patnaik said security of Srimandir in the changing circumstances is crucial and cannot be compromised at any cost. He called upon the people of the town to cooperate with the state Government’s efforts to ensure security of the centuries-old shrine. Besides, development of infrastructures is also crucial to build Puri as a world heritage town, the CM stressed.
Details of the projects:
1. New link road connectivity from Puri bypass from Malatipatpur to Jagganath Ballav Matha at a cost of Rs.190 crore. This 1.5 km iconic link will be connected by a Trumpet Bridge (Shree Setu Project)
2. The Jagganath Ballav Matha will be developed as an attractive pilgrim centre with multi-level car parking, amenities, commercial and meditation space and multi-modal hub at a cost of Rs.180 crore.
3. Musa river will be revived and connected to Mangala river at a cost of Rs.85 crore. Focus will be on restoring natural ecology, recreational activities at river edge, green wage and network o lakes.
4. Atharnala will be developed as an iconic pedestrian heritage bridge with the support of ASI.
5. A lake will be developed on 28 acres of land at a cost of Rs.35 crore.
6. All mutts coming under security zone of Srimandir will be relocated and redefined.
7. Shops and houses coming under the security zone will be shifted. In addition, the Government will provide house and shop to the affected.
8. Many heritage lakes of Puri such as Sweta Ganga, Markanda, Narendra and Indradyumna will be renovated and heritage sites will be preserved.
The Chief Minister has directed to complete all the projects in two years. The Odisha Bridge and Construction Corporation will take the responsibility of these projects.
Among others, Chief Secretary Asit Tripathy, Law Minister Pratap Jena, DGP BK Sharma, Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) Chief Krishan Kumar, Puri Collector Balwant Singh and SP Umashankar Dash,among others,were present today.
Earlier this month, the CM approved five welfare projects to the tune of Rs 265 crore for Puri Town.