Newdelhi:28/6/19:Government has granted final approval to National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) in Kalinganagar, Jajpur district, Odisha. On the receipt of proposals from State Government, the concerned central Ministries/Departments have undertaken steps for creation/upgradation of external infrastructure linkages.
- Paradip-Kalinganagar section improvement (Length-121 Kms): Upgradation from 2-lane carriageway to 6-lane carriageway of NH-200 between Chandikhole to KNIMZ and 4-lane carriageway to 6-lane carriageway of NH-5A between Chandikhole to Paradip Port are in progress.
- Expansion of NH53/200 in and around KNIMZ (Lengh-132.36 Kms): Improvement of the stretch Talcher-Duburi-Chandikhole to Four lane standard has been awarded in three packages on EPC mode to Contractual agencies. Appointed date/Commencement date has been declared for two packages namely, Talcher to Kamakhyanagar Section and Kamakhyanagar to Duburi section as 21.02.2019 and 23.02.2019, respectively.
- Expansion of Brahmani River bridge: Initially it has been decided to upgrade existing 2 lanes bridge with 6 lane bridge to cater the traffic. This work has been included in the rehabilitation and upgradation work of Chandikhole to Duburi Section of NH200 to 4 lanes. Now, the existing 2-lane bridge is to be retained and new 3-lane bridge to be constructed on river Brahmani in the new carriageway as part of the scope of work.
- Expansion of NH 215 from Jajpur Road to Panikoili: The road from Jajpur Road to Panikoili section of NH-215 has already been widened to 4-lane standard under 4 laning work of Panikoili- Rimuli Project section executed on BOT(Toll) mode.
- A Broad Gauge railway line of 104.24 Km in State of Odisha, between Angul and Sukinda (Districts Angul&Jajpur respectively) is being constructed, which provides a direct link between iron-ore rich areas of Odisha (Joda- Barbil) to steel and sponge iron industries in Angul region and will also provide alternative route between coal mining belt of Talcher to coal based thermal power plant in Kalinganagar Industrial areas.
- The execution of Angul-Sukinda new line project is being done by a SPV named “Angul- Sukinda Railway Limited (ASRL)” under participative scheme of Ministry of Railways.
- To improve waterways connectivity between Kalinganagar and Paradeep andDhamra Ports, a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the development of National Waterway – 5 (including above stretches) in Odisha has been undertaken and development of an Inland Water Transport (IWT) terminal in the south of KNIMZ near Pankapal village has been planned to meet external infrastructure linkages requirement for NIMZ at Kalinganagar, Jajpur district in Odisha.
- Paradip Port has developed a new berth of capacity 5 MMTPA with Ancillary Facilities for handling clean cargo, including containers. The facilities at the Terminal include 450M Berth, paved storage area of about 1 Lakh SQM and a warehouse complex of 600M x 40M with handling equipment like HMCS and RTGS. This berth can be utilized by the industries in Kalinganagar Industrial Zone for export of their finished products.
Government has also granted final approval to two other NIMZs viz., Prakasam district, Andhra Pradesh and Sangareddy district (erstwhile Medak district), Telangana. The steps taken by the central Ministries/Departments for creation/upgradation of external infrastructure linkages for these NIMZs.
- Nadikudi-Srikalahasti New Railway Line (309 Kms) was sanctioned during 2015-16 which passes through Prakasam District.
- Survey for New Railway Line between Darsi and Narsaraopet (65 Kms) which passes through Prakasam District was sanctioned in 2016-17.
- Doubling of Railway Line with OHE between Guntur and Guntakal (401Kms) which passes through Prakasam District was sanctioned in 2017-18.
- Third Railway line between Vijayawada-Guduru (293 Kms) which passes through Prakasam District was sanctioned in 2017-18.
- Survey for a new railway line from Patancheru- Sangareddy- Jogipet- Medak (95 Kms) was sanctioned in 2018-19.
This information was given by the Minister of Commerce and Industry, PiyushGoyal, in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.