Bhubaneswar:11/4/19 Biju Janata Dal on 9th of April, Tuesday released its manifesto for the upcoming polls making a slew of promises for farmers, women, youths and social security sectors.
With Odisha going for simultaneous assembly election and Lok Sabha polls, BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik released the manifesto and announced among other things the setting up of a commission for the monitoring of KALIA, state government’s direct transfer benefit scheme for agricultural sector.
The regional party’s manifesto also promised reservation of 75% jobs in all upcoming industries in Odisha for qualified local youths
Features of BJD manifesto:
- KALIA scheme will continue for all farmers and landless agricultural labourers as promised. An assistance of Rs. 10,000/- per year for farmers and Rs. 12,000/- for landless labourers will be provided.
- Commission will be set up to monitor KALIA implementation KALIA and to recommend revision of rates after 3 years, address issues of distressed farmers and other incentives to improve farmer’s welfare.
- Interest free crop loans upto Rs. 1 lakh.
- KALIA Scholarships to support higher and professional education of children of farmers and landless labourers.
- Apart from the existing investments, an additional amount of Rs. 50,000 crores will be invested for increasing the area under irrigation.
- A State of Art 24/7 farmer call centre with all modern technical logistics will be set up.
- All Panchayats will have storage and warehousing facilities.
- There will be KALIA centres to encourage agri-innovation and serve as a one stop resource centre in every district.
- All RMCs will be modernized to provide warehousing and professional agri-marketing and extension support.
- Temporary storage facilities at every procurement point.
- The enhancement of Minimum Support Price to Rs. 2930 will be pursued with the Central Government who finalizes MSP.
- Special additional allowances will be provided to farmers on procurement price in conditions of drought, flood and other natural calamities.
- Commitment to provide Rs. 5,000 crore Government business to the women SHGs with a profit of about Rs. 500 crores.
- Interest free loans to SHGs upto Rs. 5 lakh.
- Girl child education will be free from KG to PG.
- Enhancement of assurance cover under Biju Swasthya Kalyana Yojana from Rs. 7 1akh to Rs. 10 lakh.
- Marriage assistance of Rs. 25,000 for daughters of poor families.
- Not a single widow, destitute will be left out of social security cover.
- Accident insurance cover will be provided for all SHG Members.
- Mission Shakti to have a separate Department and the State level federation will be a Body with a Chairperson and Members who will be supported by Federations from Panchayat, Panchayat Samiti to district level.
- All land/house given by the Government will be in the name of women of the household.
- Stamp duty concession will be provided for women in registration of property.
- Interest subvention will be provided for women entrepreneurs.
- Mission Shakti will have a corpus fund in the lines of CMRF, SDRF for Mission Shakti members.
- A Mission Shakti bazaar in each Panchayat and training programme for members towards business development and equipment support.
- Special ‘Ama Gaon Ama Bikash’ will be held in each Block exclusively for women.
- Reservation of 75% jobs in all upcoming industries in Odisha for qualified local youth
- The World Skill Centre will produce 1.5 lakh highly skilled professionals who will have global employable potential
- Skilled in Odisha will be made a global brand and 15 lakh youth will be skilled in the next 5 years
- A one time start up allowance at the rate of Rs 10 lakh will be provided to 10 thousand eligible youth
- Make in Odisha will be grounded to generate 30 lakh employment opportunities in 6 focus sectors
- Education loans will be provided at 0% interest
- All Technical Institutes, Colleges and Universities will be provided free wi-fi
- All students upon joining College will be given 1 GB internet free
- There will be a Scholarship Council which will facilitate scholarships both on merit and socio-economic criteria
- Odlsha will create world class sport facilities and will be the face of sports in India
- All the State level recruitment fees for jobs will be waived off
JUHAR -JOINT UPLIFTMENT OF HABITATIONS AND REGIONS
To reduce regional disparities and fast pace development, BJD will have Special Development Councils in Bargarh, Bolangir, Boudh, Deogarh, Jharsuguda, Kalahandi, Sambalpur, Subarnapur Districts and Athmallik, Kuchinda and Nilagiri Sub-Divisions.These will be formed with a Chairperson and 50% women Members who will identify and develop region specific plans to bridge gaps, redress regional imbalances and suggest investment ideas to accelerate growth.This initiative will ensure that convergence of all existing programmes is done to multiply the harvest from development inflows. The Councils will also have representation of professionals and experts from various fields for effective performance and increase efficiency. They will be allotted untied corpus fund to reach the goal of Fast Pace Odisha. Odisha has started Special Development Councils in 9 predominantly tribal districts that have ensured representation of all tribal and PVTGs in the State of Odisha. These Councils have ensured protection and preservation of tribal cultural heritage. In the same lines Special Councils will be formed for communities not represented such as Kudumi, Scheduled Caste and economically backward classes for the welfare and preservation of unique skills, art and cultural heritage.In all predominantly minority dominated areas world class community centre will be provided in identified clusters. A Micro and Small Enterprisers Welfare Board will be formed to protect the interests and work for the sustenance and growth of those in Micro and Small Enterprise sector. A Welfare Board will be formed for those engaged in traditional (Paramparagal Bruti), livelihood earning means like Priests, Barbers, Washer man etc.It is the endeavour to ensure ‘Nabeena Odisha Sashakta Odisha’ is Samastanka Odisha.Presenting BJD government’s report card to the people, the manifesto highlighted:
ADDITIONAL 10 LAKH HECTARE IRRIGATION POTENTIAL:
9 lakh hectares created, will cross 10 lath hectares by May 2019. From a food deficit state to a major contributor to food security of the country.
UNIVERSAL HEALTH SECURITY: Implemented through Biju Swasthya Kalyan Nana. Free medicines. diagnostics and treatment from PHCs to Medical colleges for entire population. 45 lakh cases treated per month.
UNIVERSAL FOOD SECURITY: States own Food Security Scheme covers all deserving families.
UNIVERSAL SOCIAL SECURITY: 48 lakh beneficiaries including old people, widows, destitute and differently-abled. The State with the highest beneficiary to population ratio.
SHELTER SECURITY FOR ALL: A record 20 lakh families provided with pucca houses. 10 lakh slum dwellers getting land rights under the historic JAGA mission.
INDUSTRY INVESTMENT: Top most state in aluminium, steel and stainless steel production. A mammoth Rs. 4,19,574 crore investment through the Make in Odisha programme leading to creating 30 lakh job potential.
YOUTH EMPOWERMENT: Skilled in Odisha Program – Global Brand. The Best State in skill development.
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT: 70 lakh women part of socio-economic empowerment movement – Mission Shakti The First Legislative Assembly to have passed resolution for 33% reservation for women in Parliament and Assemblies.
MODEL SCHOOL IN ALL BLOCKS: 190 Adarsh Vidyalayas functional.1%
INTEREST LOANS FOR FARMERS, STUDENTS, WOMEN: Implemented from 2015, Currently. Zero interest loans to farmers and women.