Home » Smartcity Bhubaneswar » Slum dwellers’ relocation starts for Nilamadhab Awas Yojana
Slum dwellers shifting to Transit House (1) (1)

Slum dwellers’ relocation starts for Nilamadhab Awas Yojana

Bhubaneswar, February 23: More than 347 families from Nilamadhab Basti will be relocated to the Transit House near Kanyashram as part of the preliminary phase relocation of slum dwellers, which started today, to initiate the much-awaited in-situ slum development project in Chandrasekharpur Mouza, named Nilamadhab Awas Yojana.

While signing the allotment letter for their short-term accommodation at the Transit House, the slum dwellers were also given Entitlement Certificates to instil confidence in them that they would get EWS houses at the project site.

Slum dwellers signing documents before relocation (1)Slum dwellers shifting to Transit House (2)

The slum development project will accommodate 1,200 families of slum dwellers. While nearly 30 families under the RAY list were relocated today and rest will be done by the end of the current month, other slum dwellers of Nilamadhab Basti will be relocated in future in a phase-wise manner.

Senior officials of Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA), Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation were present. BDA Enforcement Member Bijay Kumar Dash led the team of officials.

The 8.18 acres of Nilamadhab Awas Yojana will be a public private partnership (PPP) based project under Housing for All Policy of the State Government. Coming under Model-4 out of the seven models available under the above Policy, the project will have two components, i.e. Slum Relocation Project (SRP) area and Private Developers Project (PDP) area.

Slum dwellers signing documents before relocation (1)Slum dwellers signing documents before relocation (2)

While 65 percent land of the project will be used for building 1,200 EWS houses for the slum dwellers with a dwelling unit of 23 square metres carpet area with basic facilities, 5 percent of the built-up area used for residential purpose will be utilised for developing amenities for the community like Anganwadi Centre, Health Centre, study room, library, community hall and neighbourhood shopping. Other than these facilities, basic infrastructure like internal roads, pipe water supply, streetlights, sewerage, drainage, green space and open space shall be provided in the project area.

After handing over 1,200 EWS dwelling units to BDA over 65 percent of the project area, the developer would get remaining 35 percent of the project area on freehold basis for its own commercial/residential use adhering to the rules and regulations of BDA.

About Ashok Palit

Ashok Palit has completed his graduation from Upendranath College Soro, Balasore and post graduation from Utkal University in Odia Language and literture.. He has also carved out a niche for himself as a scribe of eminence after joining the profession in 1988. He is also an independent media production professional. He brings loads of experience to Advanced Media, Ashok Palit as a cineaste has been active in film criticism for over three decades. As a film society activist, he soared to eminence for his profound commitment to the art film appreciation and aesthetics of cinema. His mode of discourse is often erudite but always lucid and comprehensible marked by a perfect acumen so rare in the field. A film aesthete with an immense fond of critical sensibilities, he wrote about growth and development of odia cinema in New Indian Express, The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, The Asian Age and Screen. He has been working as an Editor for Cine Samaya from 2002-2004.. He had made solid contribution on cinema in many odia Dailies and weekly such as Samaj, Prajatantra, Dharatri, Samaya, Satabadi, and weekly Samaya.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

x

Check Also

bjp

Exit poll survey indicated that in 21 Loksabha seat in Odisha it will be a close fight between BJP and BJD

New Delhi:19/5/19: The exit poll survey conducted by several survey organisations and TV channels indicated that NDA would again come to power in an easy manner this time. The exit poll ...