SahadaiBuzurg:(Bihar)3/1/19:Derailment of 11 rear most Coaches of Train No. 12487 (Jogbani Anandvihar Terminal) Seemanchal Express took place at SahadaiBuzurg Station in Sonpur Division of East Central Railway. Out of 11 derailed coaches, 03 coaches are reported to have capsized.
Minister for Railways & Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal, has announced ex gratia of Rs. 5 Lakhs each to the next of kin of the deceased, Rs.1 lakh to grievously injured and Rs.50,000/- to persons who sustained simple injuries.
Commissioner of Railway Safety/Eastern Circle shall conduct inquiry into this accident.
In this unfortunate incident, 07 passengers lost their lives, 03 passengers got grievously injured and 27 passengers sustained simple injuries in this fateful accident.
Upon receiving the news about this accident, Shri Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman, Railway Board, Senior Railway Board officials, General Manager, East Central Railway, DRM Sonpur and other senior officers rushed to the accident site.The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi was deeply anguished by the loss of lives due to the derailment of coaches of the Seemanchal Express. He said “My thoughts are with the bereaved families. May the injured recover quickly. Railways, NDRF, and local authorities are providing all possible assistance in the wake of the accident.”
- SPARME (Self propelled accident relief train and medical equipment) & Accident Relief Trains (ART) reached the site.
- Unaffected 12 coaches cleared from site along with passengers & is moved to Danapur where additional coaches will be attached and the special train will move for Anand Vihar Terminal.
- All the injured passengers have been moved to nearby Hospitals, District Hospitals and Railway Hospital.
- Adequate number of Doctors are available at site. Ambulances have been pressed into service.
- All medical expenses of the injured passengers will be borne by Railways.
- Adequate free catering arrangements have been made at site, Patna, Hajipur and at hospitals for passengers. Commercial officers with teams are deployed at Hajipur & Danapur to take care.
- Arrangements for refunds to the passengers who do not continue their journey have been ensured at different stations.
- Rescue operation is completed.