Cuttack:2w6/1/1On RepublicDay2019, Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik urged upon all to join hands for building a9; new Odisha and to dedicate themselves in service of the people. He described Odisha’s transformative journey, aided by all-encompassing, equitable and inclusive growth and all-round welfare of people.
Highlights from his speech at the observation:
• Salute the jawans, farmers and labourers of the country for their role in shaping the nation
• Odisha’s new identity is of progress, of empowered women, youth, labourers & farmers… of welfare of Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes
• Make In Odisha Conclave won over investors to InvestInOdisha while Odisha Hockey men’s World Cup 2018 put Odisha on global map and made the country proud
• Odisha’s journey to progress is paved with milestones likes Gurupriya Setu in cut-off areas of Malkangiri, pucca houses in rural areas, new medical colleges
• Every village in Odisha now electrified, benefiting 96 lakh families while irrigation facilities have been availed on 8 lakh hectares of arable land and will soon reach 10 lakh more hectares
• KALIA is a model program in the country for empowering farmers and the same is being echoed by agricultural experts in the country. 12 lakh farmers have been availed benefits under the program through DirectBenefitTransfer yesterday
Concluding his address, he reaffirmed commitment towards all-round development and welfare of the people of the state.