Newdelhi:16/1/19:The Gandhi Peace Prize for the years 2015,2016,2017 and 2018 has been conferred on the following
- Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari for the year 2015 for their contribution in Rural Development, Education , Development of natural resources.
- For 2016 jointly to AkshayaPatra Foundation for its contribution in providing mid-day meals to millions of children across India and Sulabh International for its contribution in improving the condition of sanitation in India and emancipation of manual scavengers.
- EkalAbhiyan Trust for the year 2017 for their contribution in providing Education for Rural and Tribal Children in remote areas pan India, Rural Empowerment, Gender and Social Equality
- Shri YoheiSasakawa for the year 2018 for his contribution in Leprosy Eradication in India and across the world
- .The jury under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister ShriNarendraModi and comprising the Chief Justice of India, Justice RanjanGogoi, Speaker of LokSabha Smt. Sumitra Mahajan, Leader of the single largest Opposition Party in LokSabha Shri. MallikarjunaKharge and Member of Parliament, Shri L.K. Advani after detailed discussions on 16th January, 2019 unanimously decided to select the above organisation/persons in recognition to their outstanding contributions in the fields mentioned above.The annual award was instituted by the Government of India in 1995 during the commemoration of 125th Birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The award carries an amount of Rs 1Crore, a Citation in a scroll, a plaque as well as an exquisite traditional handicraft/handloom item.