Bhubaneswar:31/8/18;At the National Convention of Company Secretaries, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik appreciated the multi-disciplinary roles the Company Secretaries play as advisers, promoters and ambassadors of companies they work for. Highlights from his address:
– Company Secretaries have a bright future along with growth of industries and economy of the country
– Odisha is fast emerging as a manufacturing hub of eastern India with number of progressive sectoral policies and a business-friendly ecosystem in place
– Make In Odisha Conclave in 2016 ushered in investment intent of more than ₹2 lakh crore across 10 diversified sectors with employment potential of 1.4 lakh
– Over 60% of investment proposals received now at various stages of implementation
– Japan is Country Partner while State Bank of India is Odisha’s Banking Partner for the upcoming make In Odisha Conclave in November, 2018
He highlighted State Government efforts to boost industrial growth & accelerate creation of job opportunities and assured them of immense potential for their profession in Odisha.