Bhubaneswar:29/8/18:Continuing its bull run, National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO), the Navratna PSU under Ministry of Mines, Govt. of India, has once again brought cheer in the stock market by declaring record dividend payout of Rs 1102 crore – an increase from 56 % in 2016-17 to a whopping 114 % in 2017-18, which works out to Rs 5.70 per equity share of Rs 5 each. This is the highest dividend payout since the inception of the Company in 1981. The total payout, including Dividend Distribution Tax, works out to Rs 1326.06 crore, as against Rs 651.40 crore in the last fiscal. The shareholders of NALCO approved the dividend payout in the 37 th Annual General Meeting held here on 29 th August 2018.
For the year, dividend payment, including dividend distribution tax works out to 98.78 % of net profit. NALCO has paid a total of Rs.7273.59 crore as dividend, including Rs 5918.39 crore as share of Govt. of India. The contribution to Public exchequers from inception till FY 2017-18 is Rs.29,877 Cr towards taxes, duties, royalties, dividend etc. out of which Rs.23,410 crore has been paid to Central Govt. and Rs.6,467 Cr has been paid to State Govt.
Speaking on the sidelines of the 37 th AGM, Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand, CMD, NALCO, attributed the success to team work, strong cost focus and strategic planning. Dr. Chand said, ‘’The new Business Plan of NALCO has set the Company on a growth path. The results are starting to show. The record dividend payout is a result of the commitment our stakeholders have in the growth-oriented approach adopted by the Company. The latest results can only augur well for NALCO as we look to scale greater heights in our quest for excellence in inclusive growth and spreading happiness among people.’’
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS : 2017-18
- Achieved highest net profit in last 10 years of Rs. 1342 crore against Rs. 669 crore in previous year
- Dividend payment has increased from 56 % in the previous year to 114% during 2017-18
- Contribution to Public exchequers: From inception till FY 2017-18, Rs.29,877 Cr towards taxes, duties, royalties, dividend etc. out of which Rs.23,410 crore paid to Central Govt. and Rs.6,467 Cr paid to State Govt.
- Highest-ever turnover of Rs. 9376 crore since inception, registering a growth of 26% over last year.
- Export earning of Rs. 4,076 crore also highest ever since inception registering a growth of 12 % over last year.
- Third highest Net Foreign Exchange Earning CPSE in the Country.
- Bauxite Mines (North-Central block of Panchpatmali Mines) achieved 100% capacity utilization with transportation (production) of 68.25 lakh MT for second successive year.
- Lowest cost producer of alumina in the World consecutively for the 2 years i.e. 2016 & 2017 as per report of Wood Mackenzie.
- Panchpatmali Bauxite mines rated as the 2nd lowest cost producer in the World in 2017 as per report of Wood Mackenzie; aiming to become the lowest in FY 2018-19
- Highest-ever Alumina Hydrate production of 21.06 lakh MT (100% of normative capacity)
- Aluminium Smelter production consistently increasing over the last 5 years and achieved highest cast metal production of 4.26 lakh MT (in last 5 years), registering a growth of 9.8% over last year.
- CPP achieved ‘Net Power Generation’ of 6,547 MU, registering a growth of 7.9 % over previous year.
- Five-Star Rating for Panchpatmali Bauxite Mines by Ministry of Mines for 2nd consecutive year.
- Aluminium metal sales of 4,26,316 MT during 2017-18, which is significantly higher than the sales figures of 3,85,518 MT achieved during 2016-17.
- Registered total Alumina sale of 13,37,416 MT, including export of 12,76,775 MT. This betters the corresponding figures of 12,94,900 MT and 12,43,103 MT respectively achieved during 2016-17.
- Share price of NALCO has increased from Rs.46.60 on 29th Aug 2016 to Rs.74.95 as on 28 Aug 2018.