Bhubaneswr:24/8/18:Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik laid emphasis on port-led manufacturing in Odisha anchored by three deep-water ports along East Coast Economic Corridor at inauguration & groundbreaking ceremony of 15 industrial units. Highlights from his address at the event:
– Odisha is fast emerging as ‘Manufacturing hub of Eastern India’, efforts underway to develop it into ‘Manufacturing hub of South Asia’
– State Government focused on 3Ts of Teamwork, Transparency & Technology
– Creation of a conducive business ecosystem through progressive sectoral policies and state-of-the-art infrastructure
– During Make In Odisha Conclave 2016, more than ₹2 lakh crore of investment intent received in MIO Conclave, 2016)
– 65% projects proposed during MIO Conclave, 2016 on various stages of approval
Chief Minister announced Japan as the Country Partner for Make In Odisha Conclave 2018 to be held at Bhubaneswar in November, 2018. The step will provide new impetus to relations between Odisha & Japan along with opening up collaborations on various sectors.