Bhubaneswr:21/7/18;Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik directed provision of affordable housing, piped water supply, LED street lamps and other infrastructure for urban slum dwellers during review of Odisha Liveable Habitat Mission JAAGA. Highlights from the review:
– Accelerate efforts for grant of land titles to targeted 1.86 lakh families in 1922 slums in municipal areas & NACs
– 2000 beneficiaries in 46 slums under 9 municipal areas were given land titles in the pilot phase
– Drinking water supply and other projects worth ₹400cr being implemented in the slums
– Aerial surveys in 99 municipal areas carried out by three IT agencies, supported by Government officials and 26 NGOs; to be completed by 31 August
– Urban Area Slum Rehabilitation & Redevelopment Committee for monitoring the activities in all 109 municipal areas & NACs
Chief Minister Shri Patnaik advised officials to carry out coordinated efforts for achieving the grant of land titles as per set target to transform lives of slum dwellers in the state.