Bhubaneswar:30/6/18;Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik presided over signing of various MoUs for ensuring efficient disaster management and stronger agricultural growth & farmer empowerment.
Highlights of MoU between Odisha State Disaster Management Authority and Regional Integrated Multi Hazard Early Warning Systems (RIMES):
• For automated risk, advisory generation & information dissemination
• Efficient management of disasters like flood, tsunami, drought, heat wave, lightning and road accidents
Highlights of MoU between Department of Agriculture & Farmers’ Empowerment and JINDAL STEEL & POWER LIMITED, Foundation of Ecological Security & National Innovation Foundation – India
• Doubling of farmers’ income, benefitting 2 lakh small & marginal farmers in nine districts (Jindal Stainless Steel Ltd)
• Promoting ecologically sound agriculture practices & water management and restoring common lands & water bodies in villages (Foundation of Ecological Security)
• Innovation in farm implements/tools to ease work of farmers (National Innovation Foundation)
Chief Minister Shri Patnaik lauded the partnerships and their role in Odisha’s development moving forward.