Sambalpur:16/4/18:At 2nd Annual Convocation of IIM Sambalpur, Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik praised IIM Sambalpur for its rapid growth and efforts to position itself as a Centre of Excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship. Highlights from his address at the event:
• Students must try to build upon their potential by converting innovative ideas into sustainable business models, in order to create socio economic value for our country and society.
• IIM Sambalpur should take lead in developing the Centres of Excellence for startups and Incubators which will go a long way in fostering community’s entrepreneurial climate by means of business creation and retention, technology commercialization and creating jobs and wealth.
• Government of Odisha is willing to partner with IIM Sambalpur in its journey of inclusive growth
• IIM Sambalpur should become an active participant, a knowledge partner and a think tank for planning, strategizing and reinforcing Government schemes for social development
• As some of the best minds in the country, you have to show to the World that India is the best.
He urged students to not only become able managers but also as social entrepreneurs who will work to change the world in to a better place and wished all graduating students a bright career and fulfilling life ahead.