Home » State News » Sikshya Sahayak post and rechristened it as Junior Teacher

Sikshya Sahayak post and rechristened it as Junior Teacher

Bhubaneswar13/3/18;: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today played a masterstroke by agreeing to give a 25 percent salary hike to Sikshya Sahayaks in line with 7th Pay Commission recommendations on its 40 percent share while shifting the ball to the Centre’s court for not approving a similar hike on the remaining 60 percent share despite State government writing to it thrice.

“We felt that the State government is empathetic to our demands. Our meeting was cordial. However, we will continue with our agitation. Out of our seven demands, the government has completely agreed on four of them. The government has agreed to give a hike on its 40 percent share in accordance with recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission. However, hike on the remaining 60 percent salary will be done after Centre’s approval. So from tomorrow our agitation will be against the Centre,” informed Malaya Kumar Jena, president, Odisha Sikshya Sahayak Association speaking to reporters after his meeting with the School and Mass Education Minister Badri Narayan Patra.The State government today announced that it has abolished the Sikshya Sahayak post and rechristened it as Junior Teacher (contractual). These posts will be regularized after three years.Notably, Sikshya Sahayak’s across the State had gone on mass leave from Tuesday on their seven-point charter of demands which included 25 percent hike in their salaries in accordance with the 7th Pay Commission recommendations and regularization of their jobs.

About Editor in chief

Ashok Palit has completed his graduation from Upendranath College Soro, Balasore and post graduation from Utkal University in Odia Language and literture.. He has also carved out a niche for himself as a scribe of eminence after joining the profession in 1988. He is also an independent media production professional. He brings loads of experience to Advanced Media, Ashok Palit as a cineaste has been active in film criticism for over three decades. As a film society activist, he soared to eminence for his profound commitment to the art film appreciation and aesthetics of cinema. His mode of discourse is often erudite but always lucid and comprehensible marked by a perfect acumen so rare in the field. A film aesthete with an immense fond of critical sensibilities, he wrote about growth and development of odia cinema in New Indian Express, The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, The Asian Age and Screen. He has been working as an Editor for Cine Samaya from 2002-2004.. He had made solid contribution on cinema in many odia Dailies and weekly such as Samaj, Prajatantra, Dharatri, Samaya, Satabadi, and weekly Samaya.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

x

Check Also

PLI Auto Scheme will incentivize emergence of Advanced Automotive Technologies global supply chain in India

Newdelhi:15/9/21:Taking steps forward towards the vision of an ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’, Government led by Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the PLI Scheme for Automobile Industry and Drone Industry ...