Bhubaneswar:3/1/18:Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik directed completion of 20 lakh pucca houses in rural areas by December, 2018. Since 2014-15, 14.11 lakh pucca houses have been built by State Government. Highlights of Chief Minister’s review:
- Odisha is a model state in the country in pucca housing with more than 1000 houses being built everyday
• Stringent action against corrupt officials; focus on delivering the service to beneficiaries at the grassroot level
• Emphasis on livelihood creation; all beneficiaries listed with income generation activities like poultry, cattle rearing and composting
• Accelerated construction of houses using locally available material with usage of scientific technique developed by CBRE, IIT Roorkee
• Highest level of transparency being observed in implementation of the program
The list of beneficiaries who have already been availed or are about to avail a pucca house is made available at the local Panchayat Office.