Bhubaneswar:15/12/17;At gathering of members of Indian Society of Gastroenterologists, Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik highlighted state Government initiatives for ensuring healthcare to all. Highlights from his address at the event:
• Due attention to development of super-specialty care in the state
• State Government to implement the ambitious Liver Transplant Programme for which infra, equipment and trained manpower is being organized
• Nine medical colleges being set up; two operational in Koraput & Baripada
• 453 specialists and 44 super specialists appointed last year to strengthen health services delivery
• Advanced endoscopic procedure now being done by expert gastroenterologists of the state
Chief Minister Shri Patnaik urged the delegates to concentrate on deliberations related to common GI ailments affecting people and wished the event a grand success.