Bhubaneswar:22/11/17:Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik reviewed implementation of irrigation projects in Nabarangpur and Malkangiri districts today. He directed expeditious execution of works for expanding coverage of larger areas under assured irrigation and benefitting farmers in the region.
Highlights from the review
• Seven new Mega Lift Irrigation (LI) projects will be established in Nabarangpur district
• Survey over for projects worth Rs 415 crore , to irrigate 17,000 hectares of land
• Four ongoing Mega LI projects to be completed by June 2018
• These projects will provide irrigation to 4,000 hectares of land
• 11 minor irrigation projects to be completed by March 2019
• Turi, Guntat, Nabarangpur Barrage, Tel Integrated Project & Lower Bhaskel project to be started before March 2019
• 200 check dams completed, 130 in progressMalkangiri
• Tender for 8 new Mega LI projects to be floated soon
• Expeditious execution of Satiguda Irrigation project
• All LI points to be operationalized
Chief Minister Shri Patnaik stressed strict compliance to the timelines for completion of every project. He directed that all efforts should be made to implement more number of irrigation projects to ensure wider coverage for benefit of farmers in the districts.