Bhubaneswar:15/11/17;Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik reviewed situation arising out of the unseasonal rains and directed all-out efforts to prevent crop damage and provide assistance to affected farmers.
Key decisions taken in the meeting
• Situation to be closely monitored by Agriculture and other departments concerned
• Field functionaries to extensively visit heavy rain-affected areas, additional teams to be mobilized if required
• Advisories issued to farmers for harvest mature crops and store in safe place,
• Standing crops to be monitored and corrective measures to be taken
• Ensure procurement as MSP prices
• Prompt and proper implementation of packages for farmers affected by drought and pest attack
• Advance action for Rabi crops to facilitate start of sowing operations by farmers wherever feasible
Chief Minister Shri Patnaik asked officials to continuously monitor the rains and initiate immediate action wherever necessary.