Bhubaneswar:14/11/17; Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, while addressing students at the state-level observation of Children’s Day here today, made some major announcements in the field of school education.
Here are the five significant announcements by the CM:
- ‘Odia Bhasa Brutti Puraskar’ for those scoring good marks in Odia subject in the annual Matric examination. As many as 10 students from each block of the state will get a cash award of Rs 5,000 each.
- ‘Mukhya Mantri Medhabruti Puraskar’ for meritorious students scoring good marks in Matric exam. As many as 40,000 students of the state will get prize money of Rs 5,000 each. A total of 100 students from each block, 100 from each municipal corporation, 50 from each municipality and 20 students from each NAC will get the award.
- State government will felicitate parents and teachers of those students securing good marks in Matric examination.
- Best 3 schools of each block will get a cash award of Rs 3 lakh each and the amount will be distributed among the teachers of the respective schools.
- ‘Mo School’ campaign– an initiative to make passout students an active participant in the development journey of their schools. Under this programme, whatever is contributed in terms of funds for development of schools, the state will contribute double the amount. Initial corpus of Rs 100 crores has been announced for this initiative.
In his speech, which was broadcasted live on Doordarshan, regional TV channels and FM radio channels, Patnaik remind the students about legendary Utkal Gourab Madhusudan Das and Biju Patnaik.
“Odisha has reached a certain level in most indicators. With our focus on quality education, we can take our state to the next level,” Patnaik said.
The Chief Minister, who is often criticised by his political opponents for not being able to deliver his speeches in Odia language fluently, was seen addressing the students in the language for several minutes before switching to English and later concluding his speech in Odia.
Prior to Patnaik’s speech, the function witnessed various cultural programmes and performances by Prince Dance Group and Odisha Dance Academy.
Indian Idol Junior winner Ananya Nanda and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs fame Satyajeet Jena also mesmerized the gathering with their singing performances.