Bhubaneswar:3/8/17;In a tragic mishap, The hotelier Satpal Singh who owned Pal Heights luxury hotel near Jayadev Vihar square of the city five family member were gutted in blaze , including two children, were charred to death after fire broke out in their apartment in Budhaswari colony locality in the heart of the city area. The fire has now been extinguished.
The hotelier Satpal Singh who owned Pal Heights luxury hotel near Jayadev Vihar square of the city is battling for life in hospital while all the five persons were received dead at government-run capital hospital, police said.
Electrical short circuit in air conditioners might have led to the outbreak of fire. The victims who were fast asleep were trapped inside the bedrooms with smoke emanating from the fire.
The victims, according to police, are hotelier Singh’s son Gagan Pal Singh (40), daughter-in-law Bhabana Singh (37), grandson Ruby Singh (7), granddaughter Sahabi Singh (15) and main servant Khusi Das.
Singh’s parents who were at the ground floor of the house have however survived.
Nobody could get hint of dance of death in the house. The security personnel who were doing duty at hotelier’s residential house did not get the inkling of the mishap. Deputy Commissioner of police Satyabrata Bhoi said “the fire was immediately brought under control. Though preliminary investigation points out towards electrical short circuit mishap, police and fire brigade personnel have begun a joint inquiry to ascertain the exact cause of the fire mishap”.