Tuesday, 13 June 2017 | ONT | BHUBANESWAR
Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Monday claimed here that the Narendra Modi Government has undertaken many developmental works for all sections of people during the last three years.
Naidu, who attended the BJP’s Sabka Saath Sabaka Vikas programme at Salia Sahi here, said, “The Congress couldn’t ensure electricity, education, employment and health services for all during the 50 years’ of its rule. But the Narendra Modi Government has undertaken many drastic measures to alleviate poverty and ensure economic development of all, including women and farmers, during the last three years,” Naidu said.
“Over 90 lakh new people have come under the income tax revenue net. The Government has also fixed new rules and regulations for violators. Besides, 28.50 crore people have opened new accounts in the banks,” said Naidu.
He further informed that around 4 crore toilets have been constructed under the Under the Swachh Bharat Abhijan and more than 7 crore people have been benefitted by the Mudra scheme.
He said while the Congress believes in 3Ds (defame, disturb and disrupt), the BJP believes in one D for development.
“Congress tries to defame Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is working for the development of the country, disrupts the Parliament over petty issues and disturbs people by spreading false information on Central Government schemes,” Naidu said.
He assured the slum dwellers that the Centre would accept any proposal, if submitted by the State Government, for development of the Salia Sahi slum.
Among others, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, BJP State president Basant Panda, general secretary Prithiviraj Harichandan, VP Samir Mohanty and IOCL and SLC CGM Odisha Pritish Bharat were present.
- Patanjali, Dabur & MANB hit markets to meet demand for non-aerated drinks, fruit juices13 Jun 2017 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Rain likely to lash State again for two days from June 1513 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Submit reply within four weeks: HC to Ramnagar Municipal Council13 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Form separate criminal surgery compensation board for acid attack cases: HC to State Govt13 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diarrhoea control awareness programme begins at District Mahila Hospital13 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- DIG asks officials to ensure smooth traffic flow during Dham yatra13 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- First batch of pilgrims arrive at Kathgodam13 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- inbrief13 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Prakash Pant asks opp to refrain from wasting time of house13 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Woman constable suspended for submitting false medical certificates13 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun